Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday Morning Blues

I was only an hour into my Monday when I was told there was a man outside who wanted to end his life! I walked out of my office to meet a 62 year old man who was ready to call it quits. No family who wanted him. He had no place to live and wouldn't get his ssi check for another week and a half. He had walked around all night and at one point was walking over the highrise bridge and came close to jumping. I listened. He poured out his heart as I poured him a cup of coffee. I was able to get him to go and seek help. I gave him the name of the crisis service and address and phone number. I gave him a bus pass. I then gave him my cross necklace as a reminder that the One who gave his life for you will not leave you or walk out on you. His face had changed from one of blues to one of hope.

Monday Morning blues come around any day of the week. When you have them or someone comes knocking on the door of your life...find someone who will listen, listen to someone...pour a cup of coffee and sacrifice some of your time with them and offer them your source of hope...Jesus!
"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18NIV

My friends you and I are the ears, eyes, hands and vessels of the hope which is ours in Jesus to those who are experiencing the Monday Morning Blues!

Till the next cup of java from the backporch...

No comments:

Post a Comment